Banaue, Ifugao

Welcome to Banaue, Ifugao! 



      "A very long and tiring travel is worth to endure when you know you'll end up in a paradise."



      Indeed, paradise such as Banaue, Ifugao. A fourth class municipality situated in the northmost part of the Province of Ifugao. And the home of Hagdan-hagdang Palayan ng Banawe or Banaue Rice Terraces.


      Though, I, together with my newly acquainted lad, traveled for almost eight hours from Manila, all the exhaustion are washed away by the cold and biting wind as I opened the car's door. And as I take my steps, fresh air seem to clear up all the baggage in my head, bountiful surroundings filled my eyes with so much to adore and the nature's scream is reverberating in my ears.










      As we continue traveling for an hour, we reach and stop at the NFA-Aguian View Deck and be able to view the famous and one of the tourist attractions in the Mountain of Ifugao - The Banaue Rice Terraces. The 2000-year-old terraces (which I only see before on t old 1000 peso bill) enthralled me, widened my eyes with awfulness and brought me to another world. 
This masterpiece was made by the ancestors of the  indigenous people of Ifugao mostly by hand with a minimal used of equipment. Covering a vast area of  over 10, 300 square kilomters, a truly colossal wonder. 





My feet was full of mud because I literally fell on the paddy field while on our way to the cemented part for an photo opt. Everyone's laughing at me because I am not confident and brave enough to walk on a very narrow pass. Well, I only have two choices: to fall down on my right side, but I would deadly rolling down on the next step of terrace, and mind me, the next step is almost 10 feet under; or to fall down on my left side which is a paddy field full of mud. And the rest was history, the picture tells everything about it. What would you expect from a city girl exploring the wonders of mountains? Nevertheless, it is indeed a very fantastic and full of adventure journey. I would not mind coming here again and explore more of this place. Everything around here is worth the long travel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TASK VS WORKLOAD

The Leader that I Admire The Most

Best sword ever created in history